February Adventure

2 replies
Votes:
+1,297
Hello one and all to another server update,
I hope everyone is doing well so far this year. We have a lot of things to cover in this update. Though some of it is a repeat, its all still important to know, so take a seat and enjoy the ride!

Staff/Event/Builder:
We are still looking for new Staff Members, new Event Organizers, and new Builders. There are plenty of positions still available and we would love to see you apply! I won’t keep repeating the same spiel, but if do want to us grow as a server, we need more players to step up in to these leadership positions. If you have any questions about any of these positions feel free to ask staff, send me a private message, or make a thread in the question section located with the staff/event/builder applications.

Social Media:
I would like to remind everyone that we have two social media platforms! You don’t have to join them, but we would like to invite you to check them out! We have a Twitter account and a Facebook page.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Genuine_Mc Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GenuineMc/

Hoppers:
We are still battling the hopper issue. The tps is consistently around 10-12, which is causing a lot of server lag/delay. I need y’all to step up and help out or I will need to take some drastic actions. Based on some information I have received, it is suggested to place a furnace, not a full block, on top of a hopper to keep it from being active 24/7. That is the newest information I have regarding this situation, so hopefully it can help out the server. I will keep working with players and searching online for possible solutions. If you have anything that will help this situation or a way to locate hoppers on the server please let me know as soon as possible!

Voting:
Currently sites 4, 7, and 8 are being a pain in the butt for no real reason. I am planning to switch them out with new websites sometime this month. If you are still facing issues with voting in general, please make a thread in the bug section and I will handle it as soon as possible.

Achievement:
We have a new achievement plugin that allow you to continue your adventure in Minecraft. This plugin allows us to add and remove achievements so if you have any suggestions for new achievements please let us know and we will do our best to add it to the system. (As far as we are aware.) To access this feature do /aach list and you will see what is available to you as a player.

Plugins:
We have recently finished configuring the rest of our plugins. I will be setting them up officially on the server later this month, so look forward to some new things on this server. A few of them are technical plugins for staff, but some that will be available to players include shopkeeper and advance achievement.

Spawn:
We will be decreasing the radius of the spawn claim to allow players to build closer to town center. We will eventually allow for players to leave spawn in another way that is not through rtp. I will need to coordinate with builders to set up a way that looks nice but will allow for this feature.

If you notice anything that needs to be added, completed, or removed; please let us know. We will only get better if you tell us how you feel and what you see needs to be done. So, as I have said before, please use the button I made on the forums for anonymous feedback/suggestions or feel free to make a thread with your comments.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I have shared feel free to leave a comment down below or contact me on Discord.
LostWarrior95
ashAY14.gif
Posted Feb 4, 19 · OP · Last edited Feb 4, 19
List
Undo
Votes:
+143
On the topic of lag busting. Don't use furnaces you will see little to no improvement. It replaces 1 ticking tile entity (hopper) with another ticking tile entity (furnace). What I suggest is to use a dropper. Which is basically a fancy stone block.
Also, I know a few people are confused on if this actually works. This is because adding a tile entity over your hoppers will most likely only increase lag on your client. But the server it self will be doing less work.
Posted Feb 9, 19
List
Undo
Votes:
+1,297
On the topic of lag busting. Don't use furnaces you will see little to no improvement. It replaces 1 ticking tile entity (hopper) with another ticking tile entity (furnace). What I suggest is to use a dropper. Which is basically a fancy stone block.
Also, I know a few people are confused on if this actually works. This is because adding a tile entity over your hoppers will most likely only increase lag on your client. But the server it self will be doing less work.

As the man said, use droppers lol.

If you have any other potential solutions to this issue please let us know. I am planning on installing paperspigot which has a lot of configuration that could help negate these issues.
ashAY14.gif
Posted Feb 9, 19 · OP
NoticeNotices