Hillside Terra forming project

3 replies
Votes:
+22
I was pretty bored this afternoon, so I took the time to find and transform a random unsuspecting hillside on a private world, after I finished I took some screenshots and I'm going to show them to you (obviously).

First Picture: Before
Second Picture: After
Third Picture: Still After, though I took it at night, with some snow :3 hillside+before_1544671202.png
hillside+after-daynosnow_1544671213.png hillside+after-nightsnow_1544671236.png
Edit #1: Okay so I was bored again today, so I came back to this world and I've been working on other parts of the hill. Not seen in the first picture, over to the left behind the hill is a drop off into a deep river, the hill side making a large natural cliff there. The other part I touched was, again to the left behind the outcrop seen in the first set of photos, sorta going for a avalanche feel for it, but its a bit hazy there, I didn't take a before and after photo of that but I did screenshot the finished product. I've been having a lot of fun with this product and there is a good chance I will be revisiting the place more often in the coming days, I mean up until Christmas, then probably a tad after that even. If you'd like to give feedback that'd be cool, anyways, thank you for taking a look at what I've made.
First Picture: Cliff side before
Second Picture: Cliff side after
Third Picture: Sloped Hill side Avalanche?Cliffside-Before_1544915291.png Cliffside-after_1544915302.png Avalanch-After_1544915313.png
Posted Dec 12, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 15, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+22
~Bump~
Posted Dec 15, 18 · OP
Votes:
+1,297
I like it! :d Any plans for this area or just terraforming?
ashAY14.gif
Posted Dec 16, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+22
Thank you!🙂and yeah, it is just some Terra forming, for whenever I have nothing to do. Perhaps I'll entangle some story into the hill, but it will just be aesthetic only. Since I've been getting into enjoying the game "Dwarf Fortress" however complicated the game and user interface is, the storytelling aspect of the worlds it generates has always intrigued me. So maybe I'll add some ruins of some long lost and forgotten Dwarven civilization, or perhaps some newer weather hardened Dwarves have decided to brave the everlasting winter to call the hill's cave system their home xD. However, whenever I tackle any project, I don't really know what I'm doing until more than halfway through.
Posted Dec 17, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 17, 18
List
Undo
NoticeNotices