[Suggestion] PVP invulnerbilities

5 replies
Votes:
+5
I recently saw an issue with someone and PVP against an unwilling player. I dislike there needs to be action against said person at all, (i still dont agree with being toxic but whatever). Players should be able to have the ability to go invulnerable to player PVP, but not mobs and other things hurting the player. i can understand this can messup players that want to PVP, but having something like this could stop players from being in fights they dont want to. you could get rid of the entire rule 16 (to an extent) with this idea. Id rather lose PVP with some players (even though most dont want to PVP anyway) so we dont keep having the same issue of 'He took my stuff and i didnt want to PVP!', this stops that. annoucing it when they join like

To go Friendly (No PVP) type /Friendly

this would i feel help the server with issues of players greifing.
Posted Jun 25, 18 · OP
Votes:
+9
PVP is disabled while in every claim so there shouldn't be any issue with people killing others, all they have to do is stay in a claim.
Posted Jun 25, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
+1,320
Personally, I think PVP is fine as it stands.

Players can only PVP at night, in the nether, or in the end. Along with that players are protected by claims and by tp delay.

This server isn't primary pvp based, so I don't see a point of changing how it currently functions. However, if there is a significant number of players who would like this change, I will be willing to make these adjustments.
ashAY14.gif
Posted Jun 25, 18
Votes:
+292
Banned users
I think what he is suggested is a way for players to turn off their own pvp, this would make it so they cant be pvp'ed or pvp others. I don't see why not this is an interesting idea. So if they want to pvp they would simple turn it off, or even like a /battle or /duel would be cool.... Also on the point about claims being pvp free.....well lets just say there are ways around that for example fireworks and lava still kill people in claims. Which is illegal to do but people still do it.
122928_5935935bc4aa665a.png
Posted Jun 25, 18
Votes:
+238
If I may, I'd like to prepose an alternative:

Effectively invert this idea. Remove pvp time, and make it: When someone joins, they have to preform a command to toggle on pvp, or enter an area where pvp is already enabled. This would make our server in my eyes less pvp orientaed than it presently is. We're presently not truely a non-pvp server either, because we have pvp enabled half the time. This would also sort out the issue between pvp time and a pvp arena.
"Technicianal Support"
Posted Jun 26, 18
Votes:
+1,320
Reasonable points. Let me bookmark this so I remember to return to this idea. I will make a public polling period about different changes, such as this, that could occur for the server. Right now I am more focused on getting the train on the tracks, then I will work on decorating it.

If anyone else has a suggestion or opinion regarding this topic, please share! This isn't my server, this is OUR server.
ashAY14.gif
Posted Jun 26, 18
List
Undo
NoticeNotices