GenuineMC News. 10th of October, 2016.

9 replies
Votes:
+1,330
Hi,

1. Major Claim/Grief Changes
GenuineMC will now be using the motto of "If you have land, claim it. Otherwise risk losing your items or builds". This means that if you do not make the effort to protector your area (usually by claiming it!) then staff will not be responsible to return your items or build. Newbies on GenuineMC will get a chance to have their area rolled back although will be told to claim in the future. If the grief/theft is done by somebody trusted to a claim, then staff will be able to help with this.

2. GenuineMC Chat Restrictions
At this point in time we have not made any changes to the GenuineMC chat restrictions. Although we will be looking to have a community review of the restrictions in the near future.

3. Return of the GenuineMC PvP System
We hope to return the PvP on at night and off at day in the next few days. Some testing is still to be carried out. Keep update with this topic in the quick news section on the left hand side.

Kind regards.
ZNgbI0F.png
Posted Oct 10, 16 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
+909
Hi Team, Question about abandoned claims. After more than two weeks of inactivity, will abandoned claims still be rolled back or will you allow the claim to be removed so resources may be recovered? I ask this because abandoned claims litter the world and without the incentive to recover materials they are just left to crap-up the landscape. I really miss being able to do this.
Aybabtu.png
Posted Oct 10, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+254
When will this take effect? Once the official forum post containing the rules is updated? Or now?

Mostly questioned towards the grief/claim changes.

Edit: I mean, someone is going around "griefing" unclaimed areas, but it's a bit unclear if he/she is allowed to do that as of right now. Also, does that mean it's a free for all in terms of the unclaimed land? Or is it preferable players ask permission from staff to take down unclaimed builds? Details details details.
Bomb diggity.
Posted Oct 10, 16 · Last edited Oct 10, 16
Votes:
+456
I believe it will be taking effect when the rules are updated, if they are not yet; haven't checked tbh. And yes, that means free-for-all, however if someone doesn't have enough claim blocks, or cannot claim for whatever reason and is griefed, the grief will be rolled back as usual. Griefing claims while trusted etc. is still according to the old rules, the griefer will be punished etc.

Also @BRN the entire build will be removed, unless on certain circumstances where a player wishes to take over for their friend and genuinely use the property or if the build holds some significance to the server or other players. Things like that. We have been going around attempting to tidy up some of the abandoned builds and ruined land and all though. :d
If you fall, I'll be there.
~Floor
oYsoraYo
Posted Oct 10, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+2
these rules are a massive blurred line, im told different things by different staff so i would like to know the real answer to my question please. What is Free-for-all? Does this mean raiding unclaimed land is allowed? if they claimed partial land, but didnt do the rest, is raiding allowed? Is raiding punishable even though you have given the free-for-all go ahead? Can this rule be more specific cause there are way too many grey areas and already there are groups of people going around raiding when the rules are not even finalized yet?
Posted Oct 22, 16
Votes:
+456
The rules are finalised.

Raiding and griefing unclaimed builds is allowed.

If they claimed their land partially, you may not grief it. So make sure that you know that the build is completely unclaimed. You must have a genuine reason for not claiming the whole build if you get griefed though, such as not having enough claim blocks.

Raiding and griefing is only punishable if you grief or steal from a claim that you are trusted to, without the owner's permission. It is also punishable if you grief a build that is not entirely unclaimed; however, the punishment won't be as bad.
~Floor
oYsoraYo
Posted Oct 22, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+456
PvP at night has returned!
Ensure you all have a fair grasp on the pvp rules.
~Floor
oYsoraYo
Posted Oct 26, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
+909
Is claimed land still safe as before?
Aybabtu.png
Posted Oct 26, 16
Votes: